The Ultimate Lobster Club Sandwich
Recipe type: Main Course
- CLUB SANDWICH
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 12 slices of sandwich bread
- 1 English cucumber with peel, thinly sliced into 32 rounds
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves, washed and torn as needed
- 750 g (1 ⅔ lb.) lobster meat (about 4 cooked, shelled lobsters weighing between 1 and 1½ lb. each)
- To taste, sprigs of fresh dill,
- 45 mL (3 tbsp.) light mayonnaise
- 1 very ripe avocado
- 1 sweet lime (green lemon),
- To taste, black pepper
- Combine the mayonnaise, avocado, and sweet lime zest and juice in a bowl. Mix until smoothly blended. Season with pepper and salt to taste. Set aside.
- Place 4 slices of prosciutto on a paper towel-lined plate. Cover with another paper towel and cook in microwave for about 1½ minutes on high. The prosciutto should have the texture of crispy bacon.
- Toast slices of bread.
- Place a leaf of lettuce and four cucumber rounds on the first 4 pieces of toast. Add lobster meat, some fresh dill, and top with one or two dollops of mayonnaise. Place a half-slice of prosciutto on top.
- Top the four sandwiches with a second slice of toast.
- Repeat step 4.
- Finish with the 4 remaining slices of toast to complete the sandwiches.
- Cut sandwiches in halves or quarters and use toothpicks to hold them together. Serve with homemade coleslaw or slices of fresh tomato.