Spaghetti with Mussels, Lemon, and Shallots
Author: Martha Stewart http://www.marthastewart.com/921631/spaghetti-mussels-lemon-and-shallots
Recipe type: Apps
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¾ cup diced shallots (4 large shallots)
- 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley stems, plus 1 cup roughly chopped leaves
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1½ cups pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in another large pot, heat 4 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat; saute shallots, red-pepper flakes, and parsley stems until tender, about 5 minutes. Add wine; cook until liquid is reduced by one-third, about 2 minutes. Add mussels, cover with a tight-fitting lid, and steam until they open, 5 to 6 minutes; discard any that do not open after 6 minutes.
- Add pasta to mussels, tossing until well combined. Add pasta water, and continue to toss and cook over medium-high heat until sauce has reduced and coats pasta. Stir in parsley leaves and lemon zest and juice. Stir in remaining oil, and serve immediately.
To See the full recipe page please visit http://www.marthastewart.com/921631/spaghetti-mussels-lemon-and-shallots