Author: Martha Stewart http://www.marthastewart.com/1106688/broiled-shrimp-tacos
Recipe type: Main Course
- 2 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1½ pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium white onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons safflower oil
- 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotles in adobo
- 1½ teaspoons coarse salt
- Assorted garnishes, such as sliced avocado, shredded red cabbage, cilantro sprigs, sour cream, lime wedges, and sliced jalapenos
- Preheat broiler with rack 6 inches from heating element. Arrange tortillas in overlapping rows on a baking sheet. Broil until blistered in spots, about 1 minute. Flip and broil about 30 seconds more. Remove from broiler; immediately stack tortillas and wrap in a clean kitchen towel to soften and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Toss shrimp with 1 cup onion, oil, chipotles, and salt. Transfer to a baking dish and broil, stirring a few times, until shrimp are pink and opaque, 6 to 8 minutes. Divide shrimp and remaining onion evenly among tortillas. Serve with assorted garnishes.
- See more at: http://www.marthastewart.com/1106688/broiled-shrimp-tacos