Shrimp & Grits
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes or 2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup quick grits
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- FOR THE SHRIMP
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined, without tails
- cajun seasoning
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Arrange bacon on a cooling rack (like for cookies) and set the rack on a sheet pan (something with a lip all the way around). Place the bacon in a cold oven, then turn the oven on to 400 degrees F. Cook the bacon for about 15 mins on each side, or until crispy. Chop 4 slices into bite-sized pieces and reserve the bacon grease from the bottom of the pan.
- FOR THE GRITS
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, bouillon, butter and grits to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 7 mins, until grits and thickened and tender. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Meanwhile, add 1-2 tablespoons of the bacon grease to a medium skillet over medium high heat. Season the shrimp with plenty of cajun seasoning. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until the shrimp turn pink, about 1 minute per side. Lower the heat to medium and add the bacon scallions, garlic, and squeeze in some lemon juice. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until the garlic and scallions are softened and the shrimp are done.
- Serve the grits in bowl and top with the shrimp. Enjoy!
To See the full recipe page please visit: http://www.kevinandamanda.com/shrimp-and-grits-2/