Giada De Laurentiis Shares Her Perfect Cioppino Recipe
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- 1 large fennel bulb, stalks and fronds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 large shallots, chopped
- 2 tsps. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ tsp. dried crushed red pepper flakes, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups fish stock
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ lb. manila clams, scrubbed
- ½ lb. mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- ½ lb. uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ lb. skinless salmon fillet, cut into 2-inch chunks
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the oil, fennel, onion, shallots, salt, garlic, red pepper flakes, tomato paste, diced tomatoes with their juices, wine, fish stock, and bay leaf. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, until the tomatoes have broken down and the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the clams, mussels, shrimp, and salmon, then cover and continue cooking until the salmon and shrimp are cooked through and the clams and mussels open, about 30 minutes. Discard the bay leaf and any clams and mussels that do not open.
- Season the broth to taste with more salt and red pepper flakes if desired. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.
To See the full recipe page please http://magazine.foxnews.com/recipe/giada-de-laurentiis-shares-her-perfect-cioppino-recipe