lime-cilantro swordfish kebabs
Recipe type: Main Course
- 1 lime, zested
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½-1 jalapeño pepper, minced (use half a pepper for milder flavor or the whole thing if you like spice)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ pounds swordfish (about 1 inch thick)
- Special equipment: wooden or metal skewers
- If using wooden skewers, cover with water and let soak for about an hour to prevent them from burning when you put them on the grill. If using metal skewers, skip to the next step.
- In a small bowl combine lime zest, garlic, cilantro, jalapeño, black pepper, salt and olive oil. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- With a sharp knife, trim the skin from the swordfish. If your fish has a dark bloodline, trim it away and discard. Cut swordfish into large cubes and place them in a bowl. Add the remainder of the marinade to the fish and toss to coat. Let marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat your grill to a medium high temperature between 375-400 degrees.
- Thread the swordfish onto skewers. Grill the fish for 3-4 minutes on one side or until they begin to get grill marks, then turn the kebabs and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Watch for hot spots and flare ups.
- Remove from grill. Allow the fish to rest for 1-2 minutes then serve.
- Read more at: http://www.garlicandzest.com/lime-cilantro-swordfish-kebabs