Grilled Clams with Charred Jalapeño Basil Butter.
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2-4 pounds littleneck clams, rinsed + scrubbed
- 2 jalapeños
- ½ cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- To make the Jalepeno Basil Butter, preheat the grill or grill pan** to high heat.Once the grill is hot, add the jalapeños and charr all over, about 2 minutes per side. Once charred, remove from the heat and place in a bowl to cool, cover with a dish towel. Once cool enough to handle slice the jalapeños in half, remove your desired amount of seeds and then finely dice.To a bowl mix together the softened butter, jalapeños, honey, basil, zest of 1 lemon and a pinch of salt. Mix until combined and then fold in the blue cheese (if using). The butter can be store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Before serve, leave the butter on the counter to soften or lightly melt over the stove.To make the clams, preheat the grill to high. Once hot, add the clams in a single layer, cover and cook until the clams open, about 5-10 minutes. Discard any clams that do not open. Toss the hot clams with the jalapeño butter and serve with more butter, toasted bread and corn. Enjoy warm!
To See the full recipe page please visit: http://www.halfbakedharvest.com/grilled-clams-with-charred-jalapeno-basil-butter/