Buffalo Shrimp Dip
- 12-14 oz raw shrimp, cleaned + peeled + thawed if frozen
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 jalapeños
- 1 cup fresh spinach, packed
- ½-1 tsp oil or butter for sautéing
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup beer, plus extra ½ cup as needed
- 1 TBSP butter, melted
- 3 TBSP Frank’s Red Hot , extra to taste
- 3 oz pepper jack cheese, grated
- 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- garnish with chopped spinach and red pepper flakes
- Chop your shrimp into small pieces.
- Prep your veggies by dicing/mincing the onion + jalapeño (seeds and stem removed) and chopping your spinach.
- Heat a pan or skillet to medium-high heat with a little olive oil and sauté your onion and jalapeños.
- You may add the spinach now, or toss it in at the end to ensure it stays bright green and vibrant.
- Add your shrimp and and cook for 1-3 minutes until opaque.
- Add cream cheese and beer and stir to combine, reducing burner to medium heat.
- Add your butter, hot sauce, and grated cheeses.
- Stir well until hot and melty, adding extra beer as desired to thin the sauce.
- I'll admit my husband and I wound up adding an entire extra ½ cup of beer to ours, (cheers!) but it's still great with less.
- Optional: Garnish with a little extra chopped spinach for a pop of green or some fiery red pepper flakes for an extra kick. You can even add an extra drizzle or two of hot sauce on top. Keep it simple or get fancy, but whatever you do, dive in while it's nice and HOT!
View more detail about this recipe: http://peasandcrayons.com/2016/08/buffalo-shrimp-dip.html